Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sammy's Baptism

So, here are the pictures you've all been waiting for. The day that Sammy has been waiting for finally came and she was baptized. We had a whole bunch of family come from So. Cal. for the blessed event and it was a really fun week. Granny arrived first and kicked off the festivities. The kids love having her here and spending some quality Granny time!


Then my Dad, brother Chris and sister Clarissa joined the group. We spent Saturday in Seattle at the Science fiction museum and EMP. We also hit the Crab Pot on the water front for a little crab cook goodness, as you can see below.


There was much tickling to be caught up with. As you can see Papa was a primary target. Even during his nap. I admit, I suggested it, but the boys thought it was a great idea. They tickled my Dad for a good 5-10 minutes before he actually woke up!


My inlaws arrived Friday night with David's brother Ben and David's sister Erika rounded out the party goers on Saturday morning. Saturday evening we had another pizza party and opened presents from all of the family. Sammy got her first set of scriptures with her name on them from David and I. She loves them and spent the entire 2 hours of stake conference reading them and pointing out scriptures to me. Love that girl!


This funny little picture of Clare was taken after she opened her present from Granny. She got Abby Cadaby from Sesame Street, which she loved, but she hates the flash on cameras and always closes her eyes (just like her Granny), so I caught her winking in this picture and thought it was too cute to exclude!


Here is the family gathered before Sammy's baptism. The baptism was fantastic. David is a great dunker and got that girl completely under on the first try. Grandma Z. gave the baptism talk, Grandpa Z. gave the opening prayer, Uncle Chris sang Baptism accompanied by a harp (very cool), Papa gave the Holy Ghost talk, Granny directed the music, and Aunt Biss gave the closing prayer. It was very fun and a really nice afternoon!


Here are Sammy and David in their white clothes. Sammy is wearing a replica of my baptism dress. She tried mine on and decided that she wanted one just like it for her own. So I made her one. Luckily my mom had given me the pattern years ago and pack rat that I am, I still had it! She looked beautiful and told me after the fact that her soul felt sooo clean. I can't believe that my baby has gotten baptized, but here we are. She did a great job and is a wonderful girl!


3 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm so sad we couldn't be there, but happy everything went so well. I love that Sammy girl. She's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Sammy! Love the dress! Can't wait for my boy to get a special Thorne heirloom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawna,
    How does time go by so quickly?! It seems like not that long ago Sammy, Cora, Alexa, Madi, Lily, and Noah were racing baby strollers around the merry go round while all us mommies chatted. I miss those days. Hope you are all doing well. Tell Dave and the kids we say hi. Settlers anyone?
    Erica

    ReplyDelete